Salads are best when they are simple – just a few ingredients, thrown together in an unexpected, well-balanced combination. This one is popular in our house because it is easy, healthy, and very filling.
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa (a high-protein grain found in the rice section)
- 4 oz lean turkey sausage (I used the same hot Italian sausage mentioned a few posts back)
- 1 diced apple
- 1/4 cup walnut pieces
- fresh spinach
- Cook quinoa and sausage according to directions.
- Chop sausage and apple into bite sized pieces
- Combine all ingredients in large bowl and drizzle your favorite dressing on top (a light and tangy vinaigrette is perfect), toss until well coated.