This recipe is one of our favorites for week night dinners. It is fast, easy, inexpensive, healthy and so tasty.
- 3 carrots, sliced thinly on the diagonal
- 1 red bell pepper (or half a red and half a green for a little more variety), diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 can of chicken breast meat
- 1 can of pineapple tidbits, in its own juice
- House of Tsang Szechuan Spicy Stir-fry sauce
- Rice (jasmine or basmati is best, basic white works fine and cheaper)
- Vegetable or wok oil
- Prepare as much rice as you like according the package directions.
- Add a little oil to the wok.
- Sauté the onions carrots for a few minutes, then add the bell peppers and chicken.
- Cook until the onions begin to turn transparent, then stir in the sauce. I usually use about a third of a bottle for this amount.
- Add in the pineapple and juice and cook until the pineapple is hot all the way through (a couple more minute)
- Serve the stir-fry over the rice.
You can chop all the veggies in advance – which means it’s perfect for cooking after you get back from the gym in the evening. Just keep the carrots in a bowl of cold water to keep them from getting dry and brown.