These cookies have been labeled “miraculously tasty” by my brother, the recipient of my first batch. They stay soft and taste freshly baked even the next day. I found the original recipe on allrecipes.com and made a few adjustments. They are incredible, truly. These measurements made about 48 small-ish cookies for me.
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 (3.4 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 Tbs vanilla extract
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- a handful (or two) chopped walnuts or pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a small bowla .
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar. Beat in the dry instant pudding mix until blended. Stir in the eggs and vanilla (I used the mixer on medium at this point to get everything smooth).
- Blend in the flour mixture.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and nuts.
- Drop cookies by rounded spoonfuls onto a cookie sheet, about an inch apart. They do not spread much.
- Bake for 7-10 minutes. Edges will get golden brown.