This is a delicious variation on a basic meatloaf. It is so easy to mix up – a great meal to prep in advance and just throw in the oven when it’s time for dinner. I’ve been wanting to try adding some cooked quinoa to the loaf to add a little fiber and make it go a little further. I am pretty sure the quinoa would blend right in with the ground turkey. Serve it with some fresh green beans and some savory rice.
- 1 lb+ ground turkey
- 1 cup whole wheat breadcrumbs
- 1/2 onion (diced)
- 1/2 cup crumbled low-fat feta cheese
- 3 stalks celery, sliced
- 1/2 cup barbeque sauce
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix all the ingredients together. There really is no better way to get it thoroughly mixed than with your hands.
- Press the mixture into a loaf pan or a small round cake pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes, then brush some extra sauce on top, and put it back in the oven for 5-10 minutes.