This is a very bright, simple dish that would make good use of a few leftover brats from your summer grill outs.
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 4 medium red potatoes, cut into 1/4 inch slices (the thinner the slice, the faster it will cook)
- 2-3 fully cooked bratwurst, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 small onions, chopped
- 1 chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons orange or lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the potatoes; cover and cook for 10 minutes or until browned and crisp-tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add bratwurst, onion and green pepper. Cook and stir for 5 minutes or until meat is heated through and vegetables are crisp-tender. If the potatoes are not done enough, put a lid on the skillet for a few minutes to increase the heat.
- Combine the soy sauce and juice, pour over the skillet. Sprinkle in the basil, salt and pepper. Cook and stir 1-2 minutes longer or until meat and vegetables are evenly coated.
Serve in a shallow bowl. It is a good, full meal all on it’s own. Skip the wine, it’s best with a nice cold beer.